Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s No App To Make Burgers Cook Faster

, , , , | Right | October 9, 2018

(I live in a little more affluent area where a lot of people work in tech. I am ordering some fast food to go, inside the restaurant. I walk in when it’s pretty quiet, with only one other person ordering and one other person in the lobby. I hear the end of the woman’s order and the cashier is reading back the order.)

Cashier: “So, that’s going to be [laundry list of food, enough to feed six or seven adults and a few kids]. That’s going to be [total].”

(The woman pays.)

Cashier: “Thank you. Here’s your receipt; you will be number 256.”

(I walk up, order a single burger and a drink, pay, and get number 257.)

Cashier: *two minutes later* “Order 257 ready.”

(I begin to walk up, but before I get to the counter…)

Woman: *shouting* “You’re kidding me! You give him his order first?! I was here before him, and I want my food, and I want it now! Are you guys racist or something?!”

(I’m Asian and she’s white. The staff here are a variety of ethnic backgrounds. The manager comes running out to see all of this.)

Manager: “Ma’am, you need to calm down or I will ask you to leave. He got two things; you got about ten times the amount of food. Your order will take a bit more time.”

Woman: “I want my food; my husband is CEO of [Big Tech Company]!”

(I rushed to the counter to grab my food and leave. As I left, I just heard more shouting but I just wanted to get out of there.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!