Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s No App For This Level Of Entitlement

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: notsaeegavas | October 27, 2020

Me: Hi, thank you for calling the [Company] service desk, how can I help you?”

Caller: “Hi, my husband and I are scavengers and find things that we can fix up and sell. I found an iPad on the side of the road. It looks like it’s brand new and hasn’t been set up. It looks like it’s managed by [Company]. Can you remove the software that manages this device?”

Me: “Unfortunately, this is not something that I can do as that software is installed specifically to keep our information safe, and therefore, we are unable to remove this software.”

Caller: “But I need to get into the iPad.”

Me: “Do you work for [Company]?”

Caller: “No…”

Me: “Then I cannot help you. This number is for [Company] employees only.”

Caller: *Angry* “But I need to get into this iPad!”

Me: “Okay, and how did you find the iPad?”

Caller: “Someone threw it away, along with their backpack and laptop and some other items that have the [Company] name on it, as well as the person’s name that this belongs to.”

At this point, I am a little confused because who “throws away” their backpack with their work belongings in it? I’m currently thinking that this was stolen by this caller, so I try to get the name of who this belongs to.

Me: “Okay, can I get the person’s name so that I can reach out to them and confirm what has happened?”

Caller: “No.”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Caller: “No, I cannot give you their name, I just need to get into this iPad.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I cannot do that. It sounds like this device was lost or stolen. I need to get the name of the person that appears on those items.”

Caller: “I told you, it was thrown away, they don’t need it anymore. Just remove the software already! Your story is bull-s***. Someone threw this away. You need to be responsible. Somebody threw away a perfectly good iPad. What are you going to do to make this right?”

Me: “Nothing? Like I said, I am unable to do anything here. I’m sorry. Even if someone did throw this away, we have well over 10,000 employees.”

Caller: “That’s bull-s***. You need to take responsibility. This is a perfectly good computer! Throwing it away is hurting the environment! [Company] needs to be responsible for this! To make this right, you’re going to get me into this iPad so that I can keep it and use it for myself!”

Me: “That still isn’t happening.”

Caller: “Listen here you little s***! This is not okay; you are responsible for this! You need to make this right! Your employee threw it away!”

Me: “Ma’am, I don’t even work for [Company].”

Caller: “Yes you do! You said that this is the [Company] service desk!”

Me: “That is correct, ma’am, however, I work for [Tech Company]. [Company] just contracts us out to do their IT for them.”

Caller: “You’re lying! You just made that up just to not give me the information! Give me the information now or else I’ll be talking to your manager! [Company] is going to go down when they see how poorly they care for the environment!”

Me: “Whatever lady, you’re being incredibly rude and I don’t need to be talked to this way. Have a nice day.” *Click*

She calls back a few times. I informed my teammates and the security team what had happened.

She was contacted by our security team, and they were able to arrange a pickup with her. She was noted to be nasty and vile in the security report as well.

 We ended up getting the assets but she wanted some sort of reward for her doings. According to the report, she apparently looked tweaked out so it’s likely that this was a stolen item.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!