Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s No Accounting For Taste

, , | Right | March 22, 2008

(I work at a city cafe and we open early and get a lot of stupid obviously not morning people coming in. This woman orders two coffees.)

Me: “Here you go, two large flat whites.”

Customer: *takes a sip* “You know, these aren’t really hot. Your coffee isn’t cheap you know. It’s not good enough.”

Me: “I’m sorry, here, let me make you another one.”

(I make her the coffees over, this time as hot as I can without burning the milk.)

Customer: “Look, seriously, they’re still too cold. Make them again!”

(I make the coffees again, this time burning the milk so badly it stinks, burning the coffee shot, and generally doing everything I can to make it a crap coffee. It is, however, really hot.)

Me: “Here you go, I hope that’s a bit better. If you still aren’t satisfied, I can give you a refund.”

Customer: *takes big sip* “FINALLY, THANK you. Would it have been that hard to make it like this before?”

(The only explanation I can think of is that drinking too much hot coffee has burned off her tastebuds.)


This story is part of the Obnoxious-Coffee-Orders roundup!

Read the next Obnoxious-Coffee-Orders roundup story!

Read the Obnoxious-Coffee-Orders roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!