Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s Definitely Someone Clueless Here…

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: patrickseastarslegs | September 16, 2022

I work in a phone and Wi-Fi provider place. One of our SIM card offers is top-ups, and the card itself is €10 plus a top-up to activate it.

A lady comes in clutching one of these cards and a receipt and then looks at me as if I’m supposed to read her mind.

Eventually, she speaks.

Lady: “I got this last week with a top-up and it doesn’t work.”

She shows me the receipt and all that’s on it is the card, no top-up. I point this out and she goes BALLISTIC.

Lady: “YOU’RE CLUELESS! GIVE ME A REFUND!”

Me: “Ma’am. I know these are non-refundable. Please do not call me clueless.”

Lady: “Nope. You’re clueless. Call someone in authority! I want to speak to your manager!”

Me: “We can’t, sorry.”

I don’t wanna bother him on his day off with something I can well handle.

Lady: “Call the manager.”

Me: “Can’t. Phone’s down.”

It’s just crackly, not actually broken.

Lady: “Oh, that’s convenient. First, you can’t phone, and then, the phone is down. I want my money. You are clueless!”

Me: “I can’t call because the phone is down. I am telling you they are non-refundable, and anybody else will tell you the same thing.”

Lady: “You’re clueless, then. Use your mobile and call!”

Me: “I am telling you I can’t. The manager is off today.”

Lady: “And he left someone clueless to work here. I want my money!”

Me: “Again, the cards are non-refundable.”

Lady: “I’m calling the police.”

Me: “And why would you do that?”

Lady: “Because you won’t give me a refund!”

Me: “Because they’re non-refundable.”

Lady: “There’s no credit on it, so it’s useless. You sold me a useless item.”

Me: “You would’ve been offered the credit when you bought it. If you declined, then that’s not on us.”

Lady: “It wasn’t me, though. It was my son!”

At this point, my coworker had come back from the bathroom and offered to take over so I could take care of another customer and she could deal with the lady. She’s more confident, so I took her up on that.

She told the lady the same thing, and eventually, the lady gave up and left.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!