Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s A Stressful Amount Of Questionable Information On The Web

, , , , | Healthy | CREDIT: d3_tvl | December 20, 2022

It baffles me sometimes the things people tell pharmacists and doctors.

[Customer] comes in and buys medication. She comes to me and wants some advice on using some of the things she bought. I’m happy to help. She bought some liver cleansers and colon cleansers and wants to do a “detox”.

Me: “Just follow the directions on the bottle.”

I don’t really press these customers; she’s not elderly-looking, so I think it’s just those trends they follow online.

Customer: “I’m on blood pressure medication, and I read that medication stresses the liver, so you should do a detox of the liver and stop the medication during that time to ease the stress.”

I take my time questioning and explaining. She understands what I’m saying and why she shouldn’t worry about what she saw or read. BUT…

Customer: “I still feel the stress on my liver!”

HOW? JUST HOW… do you feel the stress on your liver?

Now I’m thinking, “Well, s*** bricks! I studied for years and practiced even more than that, and I’m wrong. Thank you, random information on the Internet. You have defeated me with your expertise.”

Well, I do what I do best. I smile, say okay, and move on to the next customer.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!