Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s A Slight Hiccup With His Plan

, , , , | Right | May 20, 2019

Me: “Hi, sir. Can I help you find anything today?”

Customer: “Yeah, I was looking for How to Train Your Dragon 3 on Blu-Ray.”

Me: “I’m not entirely sure, but I believe that the movie has just been released in theaters. I think we have the first two How to Train Your Dragon movies, though.”

Customer: “I just need it and some dragon toys for my kid’s birthday.”

Me: “Well, since it came out recently, I don’t think we have it. If you’d like, I can show you where it would be or you can ask our electronics desk.”

Customer: “No, you have to have it. You don’t know anything about this store, do you? Do you think I should pay you for not knowing where DVDs are?”

Me: “No, sir, but if you’d come with me I can show you where we do have the product.”

(I show the man the toys and then go to the books and DVDs.)

Me: “So, it doesn’t seem as if we have it, but if you look online you might be able to preorder a copy, and with our store card there’s free shipping.”

Customer: “You should have it here. I’m going to go ask the manager where it is. You don’t know anything and that’s why you earn minimum wage.”

(I smile and pinch myself; I graduated from college only two years ago.)

Me: “Certainly, sir.”

(My manager comes over.)

Customer: “Where’s How to Train Your Dragon 3?! I’ve been looking for over twenty minutes and your sales girl is useless.”

Manager: “Sir, do you have a smartphone?”

Customer: “Of course.”

Manager: “Search up the movie for us.”

(The customer does so.)

Customer: “It says it’s out! Where’s the Blu-Ray?”

Manager: *pauses and stares* “At this time, sir, you can only get the information about how to see the movie at the theatre downtown. Anything else I can do for you?”

Customer: *pause, rethinking* “Do you have Jersey Boys?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!