Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There Should Probably Be An Age Limit On Driving

, , , , | Legal | January 5, 2021

My car has been off the road after a car accident with a little old lady driving on the wrong side of the road. She had insurance and admitted fault at the scene, and the damage was pretty minor. I needed a new front bumper and a new light but that was about it.

I thought it would be a quick turnaround, but then the weeks turned to months, and after multiple phone calls, I finally got my answer.

The garage hadn’t started to fix my car because the insurance wouldn’t pay out, due to their client changing her mind and now claiming I was at fault and that she now had a witness!

Doubting myself, I checked the dashcam footage; luckily, it was still there.

Not only was she on her own in the car — no witness — driving on the wrong side of the road after going the wrong way around a roundabout, but it also picked up her hitting another car, smashing a light before hitting me.

I passed the video to the insurance company, who told me that she would be reported to the police for effectively failing to stop at a scene of an accident when hitting the first car.

I finally got my car back, and I asked the insurance company:

Me: “What’s going to happen to the old lady?”

Insurance Company: “She risked putting her insurance at risk for lying and, due to how oblivious she was hitting the first car, she potentially will have her licence revoked.”

As bad as I feel for her to start with, she was clearly dangerous behind the wheel, and lying about the accident stopped me feeling too bad.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!