Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There… Are… Four… Blinking… Lights!

| Working | October 30, 2015

(After a few day’s of my Internet disconnecting for a few minutes at least five times a day – when I’m there, so who knows how often it happened while I was at work – I call my Internet provider to get it fixed. They require account holders to punch in the phone number of their account to start off the holding process, which lasted twenty minutes before a customer service representative finally picks up my call.)

Customer Service Representative: “Hello. Can you please tell me the number associated with your account?”

Me: *gives number*

Customer Service Representative: “And your name?”

Me: *gives name*

Customer Service Representative: “…Could you please give me the account number again?” *I give her the number* “And your name is…?”

(I give my name again, and ultimately have to give my account number twice. After that, she asks what the problem is and I explain.)

Customer Service Representative: “Okay, can you give me the item number on your router?”

Me: *gives number*

Customer Service Representative: “…Can you repeat that for me, please?”

Me: *gives number again*

Customer Service Representative: “Okay, so is the Internet light on your router solid, slowly blinking, or quickly blinking?”

Me: “Quickly blinking.”

Customer Service Representative: “Is it solid, slowly blinking, or quickly blinking?”

Me: “…QUICKLY blinking.”

Customer Service Representative: “All right. And your wireless light?”

Me: “Slowly blinking.”

Customer Service Representative: “Is it solid, quickly blinking, or slowly blinking?”

Me: “Slowly. Blinking.”

(The representative proceeds to ask me to wait while she looks something up. Five minutes later, she returns to walk me through the troubleshooting procedure. As before, every answer I give needs to be repeated. She also waits for like a minute between each step, even if it’s as simple as clicking “okay,” and even when I tell her I finished. Thankfully, it worked, because I don’t believe I would have had the patience to sit through another one of these calls without yelling.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!