Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Push For Discounts Are Getting Rusty

, , , , | Right | August 4, 2020

We are a popular discounted retail store that offers a large variety of items including women’s clothes, men’s clothes, home decor, baby items, and children’s clothing and items. This particular day, after we have received our first shipment of garden decor due to the spring season, a customer comes up with two identical items.

Me: “Hi, how are you doing today?” 

Customer: “I’m great, but these two garden items didn’t have a tag on them so I wanted to know how much they are.” 

Me: “Oh, no problem. Just wait for a moment and I will get a price for you!” 

I walk back to the garden display and find a similar-looking object with the same height and frame as the one the customer has brought up. It has a tag on it saying $13.99. I walk back to my cash register to inform the customer of the price.

Me: “Those are $13.99 each, which is a good deal because they are about $25 in other stores!” 

Customer: “Uh… they are rusted and discolored from sitting in your warehouse for so long… so I need a discount.” 

I garden a lot and know for a fact that many things in garden centers and other outdoor decor have been purposely rusted because that is the new style.

Me: “I apologize, but a lot of garden decor has been manufactured as rusted because it is a popular trend among gardens. Those were made to look like that.” 

The customer throws the two heavy metal garden items across my counter and begins yelling.

Customer: “WHY WOULD I PAY FOR RUSTED S*** THAT’S ALREADY BEEN USED?! THIS IS A DISGRACE TO RETAIL FOR Y’ALL AND I WILL NEVER COME BACK!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!