Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Logic Is Priceless

| Right | October 20, 2014

(I work in a retail store that has deals where if you buy two of certain items, you get both at a discounted price. You cannot buy only one and get it at half the price.)

Customer: *shows me [Brand] body wash & [Brand] deodorant* “These are the same price and are on for the same ‘buy 2 for $4’ deal. It’ll still go through, right?”

Me: “We will find out once I scan them in.”

(I scan each item in individually and no deal shows up. So I ring each item in twice before having to call price check and sure enough, the deal comes off separately PER ITEM.)

Me: “Sir, it appears the deal is for each item individually. These two cannot be combined.”

Customer: “That’s ridiculous! They’re the same price and on for the same deal. I should be able to mix and match them!”

Me: “Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way, unless it’s a deal on the brand. And this time, it’s on the objects. You’d have to buy two deodorants or two body washes to get the deal.”

Customer: “But that’s ridiculous! THEY’RE THE SAME PRICE ON FOR THE SAME DEAL! Can’t you do anything about that?”

Me: “Sir, I cannot. The deal is on the items, and not the brand. If you’d like, I can ring you in for two of each and you can pick them up before you leave.”

Customer: “But if you have a deal on for chips, you can buy one ketchup and one BBQ and still get the deal! Why can’t I do that here?”

Me: “…because those are both chips. These are not the same item.”

Customer: “I get that… but they’re the same price!”

(This went on for a couple more minutes, him using the same logic. He didn’t end up buying the body wash or the deodorant. Moral of the story: you should be able to buy one yoghurt and one dish soap for a discounted price, providing they’re on for the same sale price.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!