Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Struck By Your Apology

| Friendly | May 13, 2016

(I’m driving with two friends one Saturday night. We’re on a small side street and I’m waiting to turn right onto a major road near the downtown area. I’m watching for a break in traffic and as soon as I see one I roll forward to make my turn. As I do, I turn my head to look through my windshield I hear a thump and see a pedestrian on the hood of my car. My two friends and I scream as I stop the car and put it into park. The man rolls off the hood and onto his feet.)

Me: *out my window to the pedestrian* “Oh, my god, I’m so sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going. Are you okay?”

Pedestrian: “Oh, I’m fine.” *looking at me with a concerned expression* “Are YOU okay, miss?”

Me: “Um… ah, yes.”

Pedestrian: “Are you sure? You’re shaking.”

Me: “Well…yes. I’m a little freaked out. I just hit you with my car! Are you SURE you’re okay? I mean, do you want my information or anything? I’m really very sorry. I can’t believe I just did that.”

Pedestrian: *laughing* “Oh I’m fine. It was all my fault. I wasn’t watching where I was going either. You’re sure you’re all right?”

Me: “Yes, yes, I’m fine. Again, I’m really sorry.”

Pedestrian: “Don’t worry about it. Have a good rest of your night!”

(The pedestrian waves and continues crossing the street while I just stare at him with my mouth hanging open. I turn back to my two friends to see that their jaws have dropped as well.)

Friend #1: “Did that… just happen?”

Me: “I… I really didn’t see him. Why didn’t you guys tell me he was there?!”

Friend #2: “I’m in the backseat and [Friend #1] is a big guy. I didn’t see anyone there till right when you hit him.”

Friend #1: “Only YOU could hit a pedestrian with your car and end up having HIM apologize to YOU.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!