Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Financial Advice Is Handicapped

, , , | Right | January 1, 2016

(At our golf shop, we get one-off requests all the time. I occasionally get smart remarks about how we’re missing a trick because no one else is selling whatever it is, but generally, they give up and go elsewhere pretty quickly. Today, I had a guy with a very specific request…)

Customer: “Hi there! Do you sell headcovers for Vokey wedges?”

Me: “No, I’m sorry. We only have the matching headcovers for the clubs we sell.”

Customer: “Do you know what I mean by a Vokey wedge?”

Me: “I’m sorry. I’m not a golfer, but I do know that we don’t sell them.”

Customer: *proceeds to tell me what this particular golf club is* “…You should get some neoprene and a little bit of soft sock and make some. You could sell them for £10 and make a fortune.”

Me: *at this point I probably have quite a stunned and bemused look on my face* “Oh, right. Well, you’re the first person in seven years of working here to ever ask for one.”

Customer: “I’m telling you, you’d make loads selling them online.”

(He can see I’m not about to take him up on his offer and manufacture one on the spot for him.)

Customer: “I had to make my last one myself.” *on that note, he leaves*

(Now, I’m not a business wiz, nor an expert in manufacturing, but if it’s such a lucrative opportunity, I was left wondering why he doesn’t take his own advice and make his “fortune.”)


This story is part of our Golf roundup!

Read the next Golf roundup story!

Read the Golf roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!