Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Entitlement Wouldn’t Fit Into A Car

, , , , , | Right | August 10, 2022

I am at a convention as an artist and I have some leftover stock, so I organise a giveaway. All people have to do is sign up — no purchase required. At the end of the day, I hold a lottery and two people win a package. The winners are happy and thankful and go their merry way.

About fifteen minutes later, I see a boy, my guess is about fourteen years old, hanging around my booth.

Me: “Can I help you?”

Boy: “Yeah, I signed up for the giveaway.”

Me: “Ah, well, the winners already picked up their prizes. Better luck next time!”

Boy: “So, what was the prize?”

Me: “Oh, a couple of items, like a calendar with my art, a mug, greeting cards with my art… things like that.”

Boy: “That was the prize? Who would want that junk?”

Me: *Taken aback* “Well, the winners seemed to be happy with it, and the prizes were advertised so you would know what you were signing up for. What did you think the prize would be?”

Boy: “I dunno… A car or something.”

Me: *Speechless* “A… car? As a giveaway? Why would I give away a car? I’m an artist; I would love to have that kind of money laying around!”

Boy: “How should I know? You advertised that the value would be 25,000 euros!”

I look at the pamphlet, doubting myself.

Me: “It says 25,00 euros…”

Boy: “Eh… well… Your art sucks anyway!”

He rushed off. At least the winners were grateful; one even came by before the end of the convention to thank me again for the prize.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!