Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Argument For Getting A Return Is Week

, , , | Right | November 27, 2018

Customer: “Hi. I’d like to return this, and I don’t have a receipt.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I can’t return items without a valid receipt.”

Customer: “I have a credit card statement. You can use that, instead.”

Me: “I’m afraid that credit card statements are not an acceptable proof of purchase here. It only shows me how much you spent, and not necessarily what you specifically purchased.”

Customer: “That should be more than enough information! You should be able to look up my transaction in your computer!”

Me: “I’m sorry to say this, but our computer systems are not as advanced as what you normally find in major retailers. We literally have no way of tracing past transactions without an actual receipt. This is clearly outlined in our return policy.”

Customer: “Why does this have to be so hard? It’s just a simple return! I only purchased this three weeks ago; can you really not go that far back?”

Me: “Ma’am, did you just say you purchased this three weeks ago?”

Customer: “Yes! Now, can you help me or not?”

Me: “Are you absolutely sure that it was three weeks ago?”

Customer: “How many times are you going to make me repeat myself? Yes, I bought this three weeks ago!”

Me: “In that case, ma’am, it looks like we’re already done here. There’s not much more I can do for you.”

Customer: “What do you mean that we’re ‘done’ here?”

Me: “You just told me that you purchased this three weeks ago. I confirmed this with you twice. Our return policy is only good for up to 14 days after purchase, or two weeks. Even if you had your receipt, I still wouldn’t be able to return your purchase, because it happened over 21 days ago.”

Customer: “Well… that’s not very nice!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!