Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Writing’s On The Wall

, , , | Right | October 9, 2019

(I have just gone through a breakup, I have not been sleeping well, and I’m just finishing a full shift at work.)

Customer: “Excuse me. Do you have those letters you put on the wall?”

Me: *thinking of vinyl letter stickers since another customer asked about them recently* “Do you mean the kind you stick on the wall? Like with the adhesive—”

Customer: *interrupting* “Yeah, yeah. Those.”

Me: “Unfortunately, we don’t carry those.”

Customer: “Where can I get them?” 

Me: “It’s possible another location has them. We’re much smaller than the others, so we carry fewer products.”

(It just so happens another customer comes up right after, asking about another product our location doesn’t carry, so I tell her the same thing. Meanwhile, the first lady comes back.)

Customer: *to the other customer* “Oh, he’s feeding you the same line!” *to me, with an attitude* “You said you don’t have them? You need to learn your store! I’ll show you!”

(I follow her. I’m annoyed with how she’s speaking to me, but I’d be the first to tell you I don’t know all the products in the store.)

Customer: *pointing down an aisle* “See? You got them right here!”

Me: *looking down the aisle and then at her* “The wood aisle? With our wooden letters?”

Customer: “Yeah!”

Me: “I asked if you wanted the adhesive kind, like the vinyl stickers, and you said yes—”

Customer: *interrupting* “No, you didn’t! You need to learn your store!”

Me: “All right!” *smiling brightly and walking away before I say something I’d regret*

(The customer spent the next few minutes loudly talking to the second customer about how I fed them both the same line, etc.)


This story is part of our Crafting Roundup!

Read the next Crafting Roundup story!

Read the Crafting Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!