Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The World Is Ending When They Can’t Get Their Chicken Nuggets

, , , | Right | June 1, 2020

I work in a fast food restaurant that’s known for its quick and courteous service. Because of social distancing, we’ve closed down the dining room and are only using our double drive-thru or pickup via mobile order. As it is still early in the morning and we are not fully staffed, we’re taking orders on the speaker box instead of the usual iPads. 

Coworker: *On headset* “I’m so sorry, ma’am, but I didn’t hear what you said. Would you mind repeating your order?”

Guest: *screaming* “I’m speaking as loud as I can! Just forget it!”

The guest then proceeded to pull out of line and angrily blow on her horn all the way around the building, stopping at the window, and recklessly leaving the parking lot.

My coworkers and I just stood at the window, jaws dropped. We would’ve happily taken her order at the window, if she’d only given us a chance. Instead, she decided to treat us with utter disrespect, and unfortunately, she was just the start of a day filled with angry, petty people who thought it was okay to vent their passions on a group of workers largely composed of teenage girls. This health crisis has opened the door to society’s true nature, and it breaks my heart to see it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!