Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Winiest Customers

, , , | Right | April 1, 2022

I worked at a liquor store that sold wine. People often wanted help finding wine. Some of these people were happy to have help. Others didn’t want a lowly service worker knowing more than them. Those people would demand wines that didn’t exist — i.e. a red Pinot Grigio or a sweet chardonnay — or they’d confuse brand with wine variety.

My favorite was when they’d say they had this wine someplace and give me a vague description of the wine and expect me to know it. I hated having to deal with them because they were always short with us, and they’d belittle us and whine about how we didn’t help them.

I also loved the situations where they’d gotten wine as a gift. They knew nothing about the wine they were buying, but they complained about every suggestion based on what they told us.

And then, there was this customer.

Customer: “I’d like to buy my friend a nice Pinot Noir for under $15.”

I offered her a selection of wines.

Customer: *Angry* “Why are you showing me cheap wines?! I want to buy your budget fine wines!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!