Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Weather Outside Is Frightful And The Customer Is Not Delightful

| Right | December 26, 2013

(I work as a telephonist and talk to huge volumes of customers each day. This particular day there has been a power cut which has knocked out the computer booking system and most of the traffic lights in town. To make things worse, the Christmas market in town is causing total gridlock. I receive a call from an angry caller.)

Caller: “I want to know where my taxi is. It was supposed to be here five minutes ago. This is totally unacceptable.”

Me: “I’m very sorry about the delay, madam. As you may know, there has been a power cut. Our driver has been stuck at an intersection. The traffic lights are down and the main flow of traffic isn’t letting the cross-flow through. This has caused a delay.”

Caller: “Why the h*** didn’t you compensate for this and dispatch it earlier?”

Me: “Once again, Madam, I’m sorry, but I’m not sure how I’m supposed to predict a power cut. Your car will be there within five minutes.”

Caller: “Well, that doesn’t help me. I’ll ask again. Why did you not take this into consideration and dispatch the car earlier?”

Me: “With all due respect, madam, I could ask you why you didn’t book it earlier if you knew there was going to be a power outage?”

Caller: “How the h*** was I supposed to know there would be a power cut?”

Me: “So you agree that these situations are unforeseen?”

Caller: “I don’t want excuses. I want my taxi. You should have prepared for this and dispatched it earlier. I want your name so I can complain about your attitude.”

Me: “Absolutely, madam. My name is [Name].”

Caller: “And who is your manager?”

Me: “That would be me. I can take your complaint about me now, if you’d like.”

(The caller hangs up. The driver arrives three minutes later and waits outside of her house for five minutes. He calls her phone and even knocks on the door but the customer doesn’t answer. Ten minutes later the caller rings back.)

Caller: “Where the h*** is my god-d*** taxi?!”

Me: “The taxi called for you, madam. Did you not receive a phone call?”

Caller: “Yes. What the h*** has that got to do with anything?”

Me: “That was our driver, letting you know he was outside. Did you hear a knock at the door?”

Caller: “Yes, but I didn’t answer because I was getting ready. Where the h*** is my cab?”

Me: “He has been given another job now, madam. He waited outside for five minutes, called, and knocked. In addition, I told you personally that he would be there within five minutes. Yet you were still getting ready when it arrived.”

Caller: “Well, you’d better get another f****** taxi here right now!”

Me: “I’m sorry, madam. Due to the high volume of bookings, the power cut, and the Christmas market, our next available booking slot is in two hours.”

Caller: *deafening stream of abuse*

Me: “Have a nice evening and Merry Christmas, madam!” *click*


Did you find this story using our Taxi Diver roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!