Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Wailing Ghost

, , , | Working | December 23, 2013

(It’s two weeks to Christmas, and our tea company has implemented a country-wide “Advent calendar” to motivate our staff and get us feeling festive. Each day, we get a sales challenge and a quiz question to answer. The first store to answer correctly is the winner. Two of my colleagues and I are between transactions at the till.)

Colleague #1: “Who are the four ghosts in A Christmas Carol?”

Me: “Christmas Past, Christmas Present, Christmas Future, and Jacob Marley.”

Colleague #1: “Jacob Marley? Who’s that?”

Me: “He’s Ebeneezer Scrooge’s old business partner.”

Colleague #2: *who hasn’t really been listening* “What are you talking about?”

Me: “It’s the Advent question of the day. Who are the four ghosts in A Christmas Carol? Past, Present, Future, and—”

Colleague #2: “Oh, yeah, and Bob Marley!”


This story is part of the Christmas In The Workplace roundup!

Read the next Christmas In The Workplace roundup story!

Read the Christmas In The Workplace roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!