Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Ugly Shoe Of Entitlement

, , , , | Right | January 28, 2021

I’m in the shoe department of a department store. It’s an unusually busy day for a weekday and the two girls working are doing their best running registers and working with customers needing sizes. They are doing pretty well keeping up but I can tell they are getting tired from running back and forth.

A certain customer starts causing major slowdowns. She continuously walks up to the workers asking questions while they are helping other customers, which is rude to start off with. She then starts grabbing shoes and bringing them to the workers asking what they’re made of.

Worker: “Ma’am, I’m helping another customer at the moment, but if you look in the tongue of the shoe it will tell you if it is man-made materials or leather.”

The customer just stares at her. I can tell that other customers are getting annoyed, as well.

Worker: “Do… Do you need me to look for you?”

Customer: “Yes, that’s why I asked!”

Worker: “It’s man-made materials.”

The customer snatches the shoe back. This happens about two more times, both while the workers are checking someone out or answering questions for other customers who have patiently waited their turn.

The third time this happens, the lady shoves a shoe in the worker’s face while she’s talking to another customer at the register. The worker finally snaps.

Worker: “Is this some kind of weird power trip for you or something?!”

Customer: “No! Just when I ask you to do something you should do it!”

Their customer left shortly after the worker confronted her. I am unsure if she even purchased anything. She needed to be put in her place at some point!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!