Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Thin Blue Line

, , , | Right | November 26, 2019

(My husband and I are venturing out of the house for the first time with our new baby. We decide to shop for some odds and ends and end up splitting up inside the store. I am perusing pants while wearing the baby in a green cloth wrap. I am wearing jeans and a blue shirt with long red sleeves, and the baby in the wrap covers the majority of my front, as well as quite a bit of my back. The store dress code is a bright blue vest or blue short sleeve top.)

Customer: “Excuse me. Where are the shoes?”

(As she is polite and I am friendly by nature, I point her towards them and turn back to what I was looking at. She, also friendly it seems, continues.)

Customer: “Oh, they allow you to bring your baby to work? That’s wonderful!”

Me: *dumbfounded* “I don’t work here.”

Customer: *stammers and apologizes, adding* “I just saw the blue and thought you were an employee. Thanks! Bye!”

Me: *looking down at my clothes, thinking* “You saw the six square inches of blue and not the entire sleeves of red or green wrap?!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!