Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Texts Aren’t Making Land

| Right | March 1, 2017

(We tend to stay pretty busy and usually quote a two to three day turnaround for most computer repairs. A young college-aged girl comes into the store. I remember her from a few days ago when she dropped off her computer with us. I’m a little confused as to why she is here since we haven’t called her yet to tell her that her computer is ready for pick up.)

Customer: *snarky tone* “Why have you guys been ignoring me?”

Me: *confused* “I’m sorry, how have we been ignoring you?”

Customer: “I’ve sent you guys, like, four texts trying to get an update on my computer from you and I haven’t anything back.”

Me: *more confused* “You sent us texts?”

Customer: “Yeah, I sent two yesterday and two this morning and I haven’t heard back from you at all.”

Me: “Where did you send the texts?”

Customer: “To here!”

Me: “You sent text messages to [Store’s phone number]?”

Customer: “Yeah, and you guys have been ignoring me! I need my computer back you know. I use it for class.”

Me: “I apologize for how long it’s taking to get your computer back but we told you when you dropped it off that it would be a few days. Also we can’t receive text messages on [Store’s phone number] since it’s a landline.”

Customer: “What do you mean, you can’t receive text messages?”

Me: “It’s a landline.”

Customer: “I don’t know what a landline is.”

(The store phone is a cordless phone with a black and white LCD screen that shows caller ID. It’s about as technologically advanced as a cordless landline phone can be which is not very much. I pick it up and show it to her.)

Customer: “I thought you guys were supposed to be tech savvy. Why do you have such an old phone?”

Me: “I’m sorry; I don’t know what to tell you about that. Your computer should be ready this afternoon. We’ll call you to let you know when it’s ready.”

Customer: “Can’t you just text me?”

Me: *internal facepalm* “Sure, if that’s easier for you.”

(I ended texting the customer from my personal cell phone to let her know her computer was ready.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!