Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Terrifying Power Of Apps

| Friendly | October 6, 2015

(It’s literally a dark and stormy night, plus the eve of a lunar eclipse, so we’re waiting in a parking lot for the sky to clear up a little. One of my friends is taking the opportunity to scare another friend, who is very gullible.)

Friend #1: *showing the gullible friend an app on my phone* “See? Those dots on the screen are ghosts… They’re green, so that’s okay. But they’re kind of close to us… Ooh, there’s a yellow one. That means it isn’t very happy.”

Phone: *intones* “WALL.”

Friend #1: *continues, while the gullible friend gets increasingly nervous* “And that’s a clue. The yellow one cares about a wall, for some reason…”

(I am trying not to laugh, as Friend #1 is actually very logical but also doing a great job holding her poker face. But just then, my phone intervenes:)

Phone: *showing a large red dot* “ANGRY!”

(Not even half a second later came a massive clap of thunder and every light in town went out. Friend #2 shrieked and barreled into us in her panic, but it wasn’t over yet. Another friend, still inside, heard our screams and in an act of kindness, decided to use the remote ignition on his truck, which was parked directly behind us. In the space of not even five seconds we had a “ghost,” thunder, a power outage, and then a phantom truck roaring to life with no one in the driver’s seat. Friend #1 and I were laughing so hard we couldn’t move.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!