Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Tale Ends With A Twist

| Right | September 26, 2015

(I’m working customer service. Two older ladies approach my desk with a tension rod, for curtains, which adjusts to the width of the window.)

Customer #1: “I need to return this. It doesn’t work.”

Me: “All right, do you have your receipt?”

(Customer #1 hands me the receipt, then answers a call on her cell, so her friend steps in.)

Customer #2: “She really just wants to exchange it for one that works. It just doesn’t extend, see?”

(Customer #2 pulls on the end of the rod in an attempt to make it extend. Nothing happens.)

Me: “Hmm, that’s odd. Let me take a look.”

(I take the rod and gently tug on it. Nothing happens, so I twist it… Lo and behold, it starts extending. In the meantime, Customer #2 has turned around to talk to Customer #1, who is still on the phone.)

Me: *with rod several feet longer than original length* “So how long did you need it to be?”

(Both ladies turn around and stare in wonder.)

Both: “How did you DO that?”

Me: “You just have to twist it. Did you still need to exchange it, or will this one be fine?”

Customer #1: “I didn’t think to TWIST it! Thank you! Yes, this one will be fine!”

(They were both super nice, and gave me a good laugh, especially the look on their faces when I got it to work.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!