Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Strong Arm Of The Law

, , , , | Right | June 25, 2012

(Our store buys used video games to resell. It’s not uncommon for people to try to sell stolen merchandise, so we have a “bad trader” list. Two teens walk in, and one of them is on our list. I recognize them immediately.)

Me: “Hi, welcome to [Store Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer #1: “Yeah, I want to trade some games in.”

(Customer #1 hands me a stack of games, but it’s just discs… no cases.)

Me: “Are you over 18 with a valid picture ID?”

Customer #1: “No, but he is.”

Customer #2: *hands me his ID*

(I quickly look through the games. I take [Customer #2]’s ID and verify he is on our bad trader list.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but we can’t take these.”

Customer #1: “Man, why not?!”

Me: “We just don’t need these in stock right now.”

Customer #1: *getting aggressive* “I trade in here all the time! You gotta take my games. There ain’t nothin’ wrong with ’em!”

Me: *stalling* “We can’t take them. I can check the computer and tell you what they’re worth, but I can’t take them.”

Customer #1: “Okay, yeah… check ’em.”

(While I’m checking the games, a really big, burly guy walks in.)

Burly Guy: *to me* “Ma’am, don’t give them any money for those games! I saw them steal those games from [Retailer] across the street and take them out of their packaging before coming in here.”

(At this point, [Customer #1] starts edging towards the door. The burly guy reaches out and grabs him by his collar with one hand.)

Burly Guy: *whips out his police badge* “If you take one more step, I will taze you!”

(The two thieves were arrested right then and there!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!