Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Star Of This Story Is An A**hole

, , , , , , , | Friendly | October 10, 2020

There is one guy in our tabletop gaming group who is, frankly, an a**hole. But he’s been a long-time member of the group and often hosts, so it is tolerated.

One day, back when we were still meeting in person, he ordered snacks through a delivery app. After they arrived, I saw him pull up the order and give a one-star review on the delivery.

Me: “Oi, why’d you give a bad review? The food’s fine.”

Guy: “Eh, it’s not like the reviews matter.”

Me: “Uh, yeah, they do. If someone gets too many bad reviews, they can get fired from those kinds of apps.”

The guy considered this for a moment and then shrugged.

Guy: “Eh, f*** ’em.”

Fast forward to one of our video chat sessions just last week. One of the others leaves to grab some food he is getting delivered, and this guy starts complaining.

Guy: “Man, it always takes forever for my food to arrive, and sometimes it just gets cancelled.”

Me: “Are you still leaving one-star reviews?”

Guy: “Yeah, why?”

Other Guy: “What, you think that the deliverers aren’t going to remember which apartment keeps giving them s*** reviews?”

Guy: “But that’s not fair!”

Me: “Oh, yeah. So unfair that they have a memory.”

We razzed him on that for the rest of the session. Our GM made a couple of comments about NPCs “remembering” something that we’d done before, and the players chimed in with, “But that’s not fair!”

To his credit, he took the ribbing with humor, but I’m not sure if he’ll actually shape up from this or not.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!