Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Spider Was The Decider

| Right | June 13, 2014

(A customer has brought in an old game system and games to trade. Her games are all really old and common games in unplayable conditions She puts the system on the counter in an old shoe box with its own tangled cords.)

Me: “Let me sure everything we need is here so I can see if we can take it and test it out.”

(I reach into the box to grab the system, but once I lift it out of the box spiders crawl out of it and scurry up my arm.)

Me: “Sorry, we won’t able to accept the system, but we might be able to take the controllers.”

(I coyly replace the system in the box, only to find that there’s only more spiders on the controllers, which are now on the counter, and were to be squashed by employees throughout the day.)

Me: “You get a few dollars for the controllers and games if you’d like to do it.”

Customer: *appalled* “We can get much more at yard sale.”

Me: “Go for it.”

(She leaves, and I shudder thinking of the poor souls who will have the misfortune of purchasing a spider infested game system, with broken games, at a yard sale.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!