Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Son Will Come Up, Tomorrow

| Right | September 20, 2012

(Note: I am currently two weeks into my new job, and am the newest employee on staff. I’m working the drive-thru.)

Me: “Welcome to [coffee shop]. I hope you’re having a great morning! Can I take your order?”

Customer: “I want a nonfat venti latte, seven pumps of vanilla, extra whipped cream, and you’d better make it fast, b****! I can’t believe you folks are so slow. This is a DRIVE-THRU! I shouldn’t even have to stop my car!”

Me: *mortified* “We’ll have that right up for you. Please pull around for your total.”

(When the car reaches the window, I see that the woman’s adult son, a regular customer, is driving the car.)

Customer’s Son: “I’m so sorry about my mother. She’s a cranky old b**** who doesn’t know how to shut her mouth. Thanks for the coffee. Here’s a tip for putting up with her bulls***!”

(He drops a ten-dollar bill into our tip jar before driving off. He now comes back as a regular customer each morning—without his mother. He always tips generously and has something nice to say to me!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!