Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Signature Of A Bad Office

| Working | November 27, 2015

(It is the last week for our night person. My supervisor and I are some of the only people who ever see him, since we work until his shift starts, and the morning staff generally dislikes him for not doing his job right, even though he was only given two days of training before being put on nights by himself. A goodbye card appears on the counter.)

Me: “Hey, guys, shouldn’t we all sign this?”

Coworker #1: “I’ll sign it later.”

Coworker #2: “I barely know the guy.”

Supervisor: “I’ll sign it.”

(The next day:)

Me: “Hey, boss, shouldn’t you sign this? In fact, weren’t you the one who got this card for him?”

Boss: “Yeah, I did. I’m busy now. Maybe later.”

(The next day…)

Me: “Does anybody want to sign this card?”

Coworker #3: “I’ll sign it in a bit!”

Me: “Thank you!”

(He never does. Rinse and repeat until the night person’s final shift comes up.)

Supervisor: “Here you go. It’s a goodbye card from all of us to you!”

Night Person: “Thank you so much!”

(He opens the card and sees that it only has two signatures in it. The look of shock and disappointment on his face was palpable. I honestly thought to tell my supervisor not to give it to him, but couldn’t muster up the courage. The next day…)

Me: “So the night person got his goodbye card last night and it only had my and one other signature in it…”

Coworker #1: “Oh, is it too late to sign it?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!