Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Show’s Not Finished And Neither Is He

| Related | April 17, 2014

(My little brother and I are getting ready to go to school. The year is 1997.)

Brother: “Mom, I don’t want to go to school! I’ll miss my TV shows!” *cries*

Mom: “Don’t worry. I’ll ask your older sister to tape your show so you can watch it after school.” *to me* “Would you tape his show for him?”

Me: “Fine, whatever!”

Brother: “Make sure you tape it all! I want to see everything!”

(I set the VCR. Later, after school, my little brother makes a beeline for the living room, plops himself straight in front of the TV. I sigh, and then rewind and press play.)

Brother: *watching as show pops up* “Yay!”

(I go. 30 minutes later, I walk by the living room TV.)

Me: “Still watching?”

Brother: “Uh huh.” *watching show intently*

Me: “Huh, it should be over by now. It’s a half an hour show. Well, you have to go soon because I wβ€””

(Just then, the show freezes, plays dramatic music and the words ‘To Be Continued’ flash across the screen. Then the show ends, and my brother squeaks in horror.)

Brother: “WHAT?! THAT’S IT?!” *turns to me accusingly* “You taped it wrong!”

Me: “No, stupid. It said β€˜to be continued.’ That means it was only one part! The next part is tomorrow!”

(My brother didn’t believe me and started to cry loudly. Even today, he still accuses me of taping his show wrong when I bring it up during family dinners!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!