Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Show Must Go On

, , , , , | Right | December 29, 2009

(We’ve paused a film ten minutes before the end because a customer’s pulse has stopped. Fortunately, there’s a doctor in another movie who is able to help out before the ambulance arrives.)

Customer: “Excuse me, you stopped the movie. I wanted to see how it ended.”

Me: “Ma’am, we’ll continue the movie when the ambulance leaves. Someone almost died.”

Customer: “But we paid for our tickets. We deserve to see how it ends!”

Me: “I’m sorry, you’ll just have to wait. We will continue the film as soon as we can.”

Customer: “I can’t believe this! You stopped the film. We paid to see the whole thing.”

Me: “No, we’re going to continue the film where it left off as soon as we’re sure this man’s life isn’t in danger. We had to stop so the EMTs could do their job.”

Customer: “Could we get a refund?”

Me: “No, I’m sorry, I can’t give you a refund because you’ll get to see the rest of the film if you wait. Refunds are only for situations where we can’t continue the film.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous. I wanted to see how it ended!”

Me: “Well, if you wait about twenty minutes I’m sure the EMTs will have had enough time and you can finish your movie. I’m sorry, but that’s just the way it is.”

Customer: “I don’t believe this theater. We’re leaving!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!