Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Shift Takes A Sudden Shift

, | Working | September 19, 2016

(It is my very first job at a very popular fast food restaurant. After a couple months of working there, one month before the schedules come out I request a day off for an event. When the schedule does get out, what do I see? That I’m scheduled that very same day, of course. I call my manager to remind her that I wanted the day off. She agrees, so I think nothing of it until that very day. My manager calls home but I’m away because of said event. My mom answers.)

Manager: “Where the h*** is [My Name]?! He was supposed to check in today!”

Mom: “Hmm, I’m pretty sure he did call you very early to say he wouldn’t come in today.”

Manager: *now screaming on the phone* “NO, HE DID NOT! I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M PUTTING UP WITH HIM! IT MUST BE, LIKE, THE THIRD TIME HE DIDN’T COME IN AND GAVE NO WARNING!”

Mom: *now outraged when she’s usually the sweetest angel* “HOLD ON! Now, I know this isn’t true at all! [My Name] has always been very responsible about his job; I am now convinced he called you beforehand to tell you he would not be there. ALSO, I drive him to work every single time so I would know if he didn’t go!”

Manager: *now embarrassed* “Oh, um… I must have thought of someone different with the same name as [My Name].”

Mom: “Of course you have!”

Manager: “Oh, um… it will be fine for this time…” *hangs up*

(The funny thing is this manager was known around town to hire way too many people to get some random bonuses. She tried to have over one hundred employees for one fast food restaurant, resulting in her not knowing each employee personally. I have seen her a total of two times the whole time I was there. I didn’t stay long after that incident.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!