Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Setting Of The Son

| Related | October 27, 2015

(My husband and I take a lesson from a Disney movie when divvying up responsibilities involving our son. We like to joke around that “before sunrise, he’s my son.” This usually means my husband is kind enough to take the early morning shift, while I – a night owl – handle three am emergencies. My husband is struggling to get our son’s diaper changed and get him into his jammies when I walk in the door.)

Son: “Mama!”

Husband: “I have been fighting him the whole time you were gone, trying to get this done. And then you walk in, and he’s smiling.”

Me: “Well, of course! He just wanted his mama.”

Son: *gurgles and laughs in the tone he usually uses to say “yes”*

Me: “See?” *gurgles and laughs right back*

Husband: *finally gets Son’s second leg into his jammies and goes for the zipper, only to have our son roll over and start to crawl away* “You know, it’s technically before sunrise.”

Me: “True, it is after sundown, so technically it’s before sunrise.”

Husband: *gives up, picks the child up and hands him to me* “So, here. He’s your son!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!