Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Self-Scanner Has Checked Out

, , , , | Right | March 25, 2010

(I am helping a caller on the phone who recently had some scanning software installed on her computer.)

Me: “Place the document on the glass and press the scan button on the computer screen.”

Caller: “That is what I did and nothing is happening.”

Me: “Is the scanner on? There should be a light on it that indicates that it is on. Maybe it is not plugged in or hooked up correctly?”

Caller: “Yes, it’s on. I can see all of my other files and folders on the screen.”

Me: “Wait… What do you mean, you see other files and folders?”

Caller: “I see my Windows desktop and the monitor seems to be working like it always does.”

Me: “When I told you to place the document that you want to scan on the glass, are you holding it up to the glass on your monitor?”

Caller: “Yes!”

Me: “That would be our problem. You need to have a scanning machine in order to scan documents. You don’t use your monitor.”

Caller: “Oh. How do I get one of those?”


This story is part of our Terrible Tech Support Calls roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

10 Stories About The Stupidest Tech Support Calls Ever

 

Read the next Terrible Tech Support Calls roundup story!

Read the Terrible Tech Support Calls roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!