Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Scrappiest Of Staff Against The Crappiest Of Customers

, , , , , , , | Right | January 3, 2023

I work in a clothing store. I arrived at work the other day and was greeted by one of my supervisors telling me, “Keep an eye on anyone who comes in; we had some weirdness earlier.” She couldn’t tell me any more than that. Of importance, though: we had a roof leak, and because of that, our public restroom was closed for safety reasons.

A little while later, I was in the back room grabbing something and greeted a coworker who was doing some work on one of the store computers. She immediately gave me one of those looks and told me the story.

Apparently, a customer had taken extreme offense to the restroom being closed. He got extremely angry and aggressive, swearing at my coworker — a tiny little thing who wouldn’t hurt a fly — and refusing to accept any explanations. He refused to hear that there was a [Popular Coffee Chain] location literally in our parking lot and a [Gas Station Chain] right next door, both of which very likely had accessible restrooms. He just blew up and eventually stormed off.

Shortly after, my coworker saw the customer looking through the shorts and shirts we had on display. She assumed he perhaps didn’t really have to “go” that badly after all. The customer then selected a few things and took them to the fitting rooms. A bit after that, he bought some things and left.

End of story, right?

Nope.

Apparently, this sterling example of humanity decided that the perfect protest of our restroom being closed was to leave us a gift in the fitting room… which was discovered by my poor coworker when she went to clear them out after the guy left. And she discovered the rest of the items he had taken into the fitting room with him in a heap on the floor, soaking wet. Yep. He had relieved himself in our fitting room. On our merchandise.

My poor coworker was rather put out by all this. I’m not sure what the manager was doing about it; if they did anything, we weren’t told.

Seriously, though, who thinks this is okay? That an acceptable form of protest is… that? I don’t understand people sometimes.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!