Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Sauce Of Their Confusion, Part 3

, , , , | Right | June 18, 2018

(I’ve worked at this fast food restaurant for almost two years now, and even with a promotion to shift manager and many an odd customer experience, nothing has yet to top this level. Our store is known for having specialty sauce, one that is factory made, and on this particular night shift, on only my second week working there, we’re all out. A young customer comes through drive-thru not too long before closing.)

Me: “Welcome to [Store]. How can I help you?”

Customer: *orders* “And can I get a lot of your sauce with it?”

Me: “I’m very sorry, but we’re actually all out of the sauce right now.”

Customer: “Aww… Well, can’t you just make some more?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “Your sauce. Don’t you make it there?”

Me: “No, ma’am, we get it in packets; we don’t make our sauce store-to-store.”

Customer: “But the ingredients are on the packets! Don’t you just get the ingredients and mix it in the back?”

Me: *baffled, looks over to my manager* “We… don’t make the sauce here, right?

Manager: “What?!” *starts laughing* “Of course not!”

Me: *back to the microphone* “Ma’am, please pull forward and we’ll help you up there.”

(She pulled forward, allowing my manager to properly explain to her that, no, we do not, in fact, have a Walter White-style brewing factory of specialty sauce in the back, and the reason the packets have ingredients is to allow the customer to know just what comes in what they’re eating… just like everything else that comes pre-packaged. To this day, I always have a good laugh about this.)

Related:
The Sauce Of Their Confusion, Part 2
The Sauce Of Their Confusion

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!