Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Sauce Of All Your Woes

, , , | Right | February 19, 2019

(I work at a pretzel store in a mall. We have tiny pretzel stick things that we sell in a cup. Our sauces are extra. We offer a discount to mall employees. One gentleman, wearing a uniform from a mall store, orders a cup of pretzels without sauce. He pays, gets his discount, and as I am filling his cup, he asks for three sauces.)

Me: “Okay, but that’s an extra for each sauce. Is that okay?”

Customer:What?! I have never paid for sauce here!”

Me: “Okay, well, let me ask my manager if I can give it to you.”

(My manager is standing five feet away and watching this whole exchange.)

Customer: “Ugh, never mind. Just give me two and I’ll pay for them.”

(He gets his food and sauces, pays, and starts to leave. Then, he turns back and asks:)

Customer: “What’s your name?”

Me: “[My Name].”

Customer: “I’m calling your corporate and reporting this.”

(My manager pulled me aside and said, “I kind of hope he does report you. ‘Yeah, hi, I went to one of your locations and your employee wouldn’t give me free food.'”)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!