Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Road To Hell Is Paved With Detoured Intentions

| Right | July 10, 2013

(On break, I read on my phone that there has been a horrible truck accident. News reports say traffic will be shut down along that highway for several hours. After break, I am ringing up a customer and notice where she is from.)

Me: “Just curious, but were you planning on taking the turnpike home?”

Customer: “Yes, why?”

Me: “There’s an accident, and it will be shut down for a few hours. You might want to try taking another route.”

Customer: “What? This is ridiculous. What will you do for me?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “I’ll have to go out of my way; this will cost gas, and I might be late. You need to compensate me for that! Where’s your manager?”

Me: “I am the department manager and… no. We won’t compensate you because the turnpike is closed.”

Customer: “I’ll contact your headquarters! Forget this stuff; I’m not shopping here again!”

(She storms off before finishing paying. Apparently she did contact our corporate, who were quite confused and wouldn’t give her compensation either.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!