Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Rewards Of Hard Work

, , , | Right | March 25, 2012

(At our store, we have this point card where if you get 10 points, you get a free drink. Unfortunately, if a customer has more than one card, we aren’t allowed to combine the points together.)

Customer: *throws four cards in front of me* “Check these.”

Me: “Wait, what?”

Customer: “Check them! I want you to combine the points together. I should have a free drink now.”

Me: “Sorry, but we aren’t allowed to combine the poi—”

Customer’s Friend: “What’re you waiting for? She’s a customer! You have to do as we say. Hurry up and give us our free drink.”

Me: “I’m sorry. As I was trying to say before, we can’t combine card points.”

Customer: “Oh, well, just use the one that has the most points on it.”

Me: *proceeds to check each card*

Customer’s Friend: “Hurry up! You’re Chinese! You have to work faster!”

(Once we’ve finished dealing with the customers, my coworker comes up to me.)

Coworker: “Man those two were just… really annoying. I’m surprised you didn’t tell that guy off.”

Me: “Ah, it’s okay. I just used the card with the fewest points.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!