Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Pursuit Of Happy Meals

, , , , | Right | February 8, 2022

As a cashier at a famous fast food chain, one of my light-hearted moments is serving small children who occasionally come inside from a playground across the street from us to place an order. It’s always cute seeing their math skills.

Girl #1: “Happy Meal, please.”

Me: “That will be €3.69, please.”

The girl’s face falls, and she turns around and walks towards the door with her head down.

Me: “Excuse me! Come back! Just give me what you have this time.”

I’ll toss in my own dollar or so at the end of my shift.

Girl #1: “But I only have €5!” *Sadly holding up the bill*

And then there was this little monster.

Girl #2: “Happy Meal, please!”

Me: “That will be €3.69, please.”

She gives me a €2 coin while smiling sweetly.

Me: “I still need €1.69…”

Girl #2: *Smiling sweetly* “My mommy gave it to me!”

Me: “Okay, but you still need more money for a Happy Meal. You need €1.69 more.”

She continues to smile sweetly.

Me: *Giving her an annoyed look* “Sweetheart, this is the third time you’re doing this. Do you realize that when you don’t have enough money, I have to go get my piggy bank and pay the rest for you?”

She nods her head while still smiling.

Me: “But that doesn’t bother you, does it?”

She shakes her head, giggling.

Me: “Little monster…”

I hand over her meal.

Girl #2: “Thank yooouuuu!”

Me: “Please tell your mommy that—”

She happily dashes for the door.

It’s definitely a relief from having to deal with pissy and entitled customers who scream at me for not putting enough napkins in their takeout bag.

I only cover for small innocent children who genuinely don’t understand that they don’t have enough money for their order.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!