Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Price Is Timely

, , , | Right | June 29, 2017

(I work in the deli of a supermarket, and I have just headed out on my 15 minute break. I stop by one of the registers so I can buy a snack for my break. The woman getting checked out in front of me has only a few items, including a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.)

Customer: *watching her items being listed on the screen to see the total* “What? Isn’t the chicken five dollars?”

Cashier: “Oh, no, the chickens are almost always $11.49, ma’am.”

Customer: “No, I know this one is five dollars.”

Cashier: “Ma’am, I know that these are never that inexpensive.”

Customer: “Look at it; you didn’t even look at it.”

(The customer is starting to grow even more impatient and rude with the poor girl behind the register. The cashier opens the bag and looks at the chicken, spotting her mistake.)

Customer: “See? It says five right there on the tag.”

Cashier: “Oh, no, I see where your mistake was. This tag shows the time that the chicken was put out, which was five o’clock.”

Customer: “OH, THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS. YOU DON’T DESERVE MY MONEY. I’LL JUST GO TO [Competitor] FROM NOW ON!”

(The customer continued with this line of insults and complaints while the rest of her items were being rung up.)

Customer: “I don’t even want half of this s*** anymore; it’s too expensive now that I got ripped off on this chicken by you guys.”

Me: “Oh, wow, you’re right. It’s such a rip off when you can’t read the label right. You should bring it to the Supreme Court.”

(After that, the customer shot me a long glare, but decided not to complain anymore. The cashier thanked me for shutting the woman up and making her day a little better!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!