Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Pollinator: Rise Of The Bees  

, , , , | Right | July 29, 2019

(A lady is looking at our local honey display and comes over to me to ask how much bee pollen someone should take a day. I have no idea, so I go to some coworkers and see if they have any idea. None of us has any idea, so I get on my coworker’s cell phone to see if I can find a quick answer. The customer comes to where we are standing.)

Me: “I’m looking to see if this website has any recommendations about what dosages to take.”

Customer: “All right, I was surprised you have it so cheap here. At natural foods stores, you would pay in the 100s for this product.”

Coworker: “Yeah, local honey can be really expensive, but it is good for you.”

Customer: “Yeah, it builds up your immunity to local pollutants. That’s the reason I’m trying this. I’m allergic to pollen.”

(My coworkers and I stare at her for a second, horrorstruck.)

Me: “Ma’am, if you’re allergic to pollen, please do not use this bee pollen. I’m scared you’re going to get really sick!”

Customer: “But it’s for building up your immunity.”

Coworker: “Well, the honey is good for that but it’s probably not a good idea to use that product.”

Me: “Yeah, please talk to your doctor or even our pharmacist before you take this!”

Customer: “But I am not allergic to tree pollen; I’m only allergic to flower pollen.”

Me: “But, ma’am, the bees get their pollen from flowers, and this is local honey, so that pollen would probably do awful things to your body.”

(This lady didn’t believe a word I said until the website I pulled up said that pollen was a trigger. She eventually put the bee pollen back, but I’m still worried she is unintentionally going to kill herself.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!