Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Playtime That Never Dies, Part 2

, , , | Right | September 26, 2020

I work in a children’s tuition centre. Whilst many of the parents are lovely, there is one woman who is known for being entitled and rude. Her child has only been coming to the centre for a month. The way our system works is children do one hour of work and then fifteen minutes of play.

Mother: “I want [Son] to do forty-five minutes of play today.”

Coworker: “I’m sorry, madam, but unfortunately, we cannot do that since company—”

Mother: *Cutting her off* “I don’t care. Make it happen.”

She then leaves, leaving her son behind. My coworker writes down the crazy lady’s request, but my manager assumes it is a mistake, due to it being so different from our usual timings, and changes it to forty-five minutes work and thirty minutes play. Then, when the mother comes to pick her son up, there is a queue of a few other families waiting to pick their kids up.

Mother: *Coming up to the desk* “Why the h*** wasn’t I served first? I shouldn’t have to wait to pick my son up!”

Coworker: “I’m sorry, madam, but those people got here before you and—”

Mother: *Cutting her off* “I shouldn’t have to wait for them! I should be served first! I’m a very busy and important person!”

Coworker: “I’m very sorry. Let me get your son.”

We collect him.

Son: “Mummy! They made me do forty-five minutes of work!”

The mother goes crazy upon hearing this, calling my coworker a plethora of insulting names, whilst yelling, scaring some of the younger children in the centre. This causes my assistant director to come out of the office.

Assistant Director: “What seems to be the matter, madam?”

Mother: “This stupid, useless girl got my son’s timings wrong! He was supposed to do forty-five minutes of play!”

My coworker is near tears at this point.

Assistant Director: “I apologise, madam; that was my fault. I changed those times since it is against company policy for children to spend that long—”

Mother: *Turning on him* “You incompetent idiot! How dare you?! I’m a paying customer and you should be doing what I say! I want to speak with [Director] right now!”

Assistant Director: “[Director] is on holiday right now. She will be back in—”

Mother: “I don’t care! Give me her phone number!”

Assistant Director: “I cannot give you her phone number because that would be against company privacy pol—”

Mother: “I don’t care about your company policies! Give me her d*** number! Or are you such an incompetent manager that you can’t even do that?!”

He is now fed up with this woman.

Assistant Director: “Madam, I don’t appreciate the way you are speaking to me or my employees. We are not paid to be insulted by you. I will not stand for being called incompetent and other rude things. Please leave our centre before I cancel your membership.”

Mother: “How dare you be so rude?! I will be calling your head office and I will be coming back tomorrow to get [Director] to cancel my son’s membership! I can’t believe you people are allowed to work in childcare!”

Assistant Director: “As I told you madam, [Director] will not be here tomorrow as she is on holiday. I will cancel your membership for you now. Please do not come back or I will be forced to call security.”

The woman then squealed and stormed off with her son. My assistant director cancelled her membership and made a note that she should not be allowed to rejoin. We were all very glad to see her go. The craziest part is that this woman was paying £100+ a month for our tutoring services and didn’t even want her son to be tutored!

People are wild.

Related:
The Playtime That Never Dies

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!