Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Picture Of Stupid

| Right | December 25, 2015

(Christmas is our busiest season and our most popular item is a calendar with your own pictures. We have several different ones; you can choose the size, paper, and if it has name days or room for taking notes. A young woman in her 20s walks in with a USB.)

Customer: “What kind of calendars do you have? I have my pictures here.”

(I show her all our calendars and she takes good 30 minutes trying to decide. I have to stand next to her during that time because she asks lots of questions and finds something wrong with EVERY calendar we have. One has too big pictures, one too small etc… Finally she makes a decision and we start making the calendar with our computer.)

Customer: “Uh, why is my picture so small? In that calendar it’s much bigger.”

Me: “We can make it bigger but you have a vertical photo and this picture area is horizontal, so something is going to get cut out if we do that.”

Customer: “What?! No, I don’t want anything cut out! Just put it in there, but bigger!”

(I patiently explain to her that she needs a horizontal picture if she wants it bigger; this picture won’t work. She just doesn’t get it.)

Customer: “I’m just going to go somewhere else! You clearly don’t know what you are doing.”

(Thanks for wasting my time! It is not my fault you don’t understand the difference between vertical and horizontal!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!