Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Perfect Customer

, , , , | Right | November 10, 2008

(A customer wants a better plan than her current 150 minutes/month. I notice she never uses more than 100 minutes or so a month.)

Me: “Well, ma’am, since our plans have changed and this amount of minutes seems to be perfect for you, I’m happy to tell you that I can give you the exact same plan for $30 a month and save you $10 a month.”

Customer: “That’s not a deal. I said I wanted something better than what I have.”

Me: “This is better. You’ll save $120 a year and based upon your usage, so this is perfect for you.”

Customer: “How is this better for me if it’s the same plan? I don’t want to change.”

Me: “So you don’t want me to change this to a $10 per month cheaper plan?”

Customer: “I said NO! I don’t want to save money if I get no more minutes out of it.”

Me: “Deal.”


This story is part of the Customers-Are-Their-Own-Worst-Enemy roundup!

Read the next Customers-Are-Their-Own-Worst-Enemy story!

Read the Customers-Are-Their-Own-Worst-Enemy roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!