Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Owner’s Reaction Is Nice And Crisp

, , , , | Right | October 26, 2018

(My husband and I go to breakfast in a local diner. As we sit down and start looking over the menu, an older couple comes in and sits down right next to us. This is a very small place, and the tables are super close to one another. When their breakfast comes, the woman takes a bite of her home fries, throws down her fork, and yells for the waitress.)

Woman: “These home fries aren’t crispy enough. I specifically asked that they be crispy!”

(I heard her place her order, and she said nothing about the home fries being crispy.)

Waitress: “I’m sorry, ma’am. If you’d like, I can have them put back on the grill for a couple of minutes.”

Woman: “Yes, put them back on the grill. And when you bring them back, they had better be crispy!”

(After a few minutes, the waitress returns with the home fries. The woman starts picking at them with her fork.)

Woman: “These are still not crispy! I told you I wanted them crispy! You get the owner out here right now!”

(The waitress goes to the back of the diner and briefly speaks with the owner, who already knows what’s going on since the place is small and the woman is practically yelling. The owner comes out to the customer’s table.)

Owner: “Ma’am, I’m sor—”

Woman: “This is ridiculous! I don’t know what is wrong with you people that you can’t give a person crispy home fries when they want them!”

Owner: “You won’t be charged for the home fries.”

Woman: “I’m not paying for any of this breakfast! It’s disgusting!”

Owner: *completely fed up* “Fine, then. Get out, and don’t ever come back.”

Woman: “Well, I never! You’re very rude, and I’m going to tell all my friends how you treat your customers, and that they should never give you their business!”

Owner: “Lady, with your rotten attitude, I’m surprised you have any friends!”

(The woman’s jaw dropped, and she got up abruptly and stormed out the door. Everyone in the place heard the exchange, and we all gave the owner the applause she deserved.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!