Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Other Man From Uncle

| Related | August 4, 2016

(I live with my aunt and grandparents my first year in college and they have recently gotten a new phone number, so we got the occasional call looking for the previous owner. We don’t have caller ID.)

Caller: “Hey, mija, how are you? This is your uncle, [Uncle].”

Me: “Hey, Tio! I’m doing good. Just studying.”

‘Uncle’: “That’s good, mija. We’re proud of you. How are your parents?”

(The rest of the call continues like this. We chat for about five minutes until he says something that strikes me as a little odd.)

Me: “Wait, I don’t think I am who you think I am. Are you looking for [numbers previous owner]?”

‘Uncle’: *confused* “Yes. Who are you?”

Me: “I’m [My Name], and we got this number a few weeks ago.”

‘Uncle’: “Why didn’t you say anything before?”

Me: *embarrassed* “Because I have an uncle [Uncle], too, and you sound just like him!”

(When I told my aunt the story, she laughed like it was the funniest thing ever. My real uncle came over a few days later and he laughed twice as hard as she did!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!