Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Order To Remake The Drinks Is Coming In Extra Hot!

, , , | Right | May 7, 2020

I’m waiting in line, and it’s abundantly clear that there is only one staff member in the coffee kiosk at the local grocery. She’s doing her absolute best. The customer in front of me is being rather demanding.

Customer: “I need three large specialty drinks, extra hot, and one with an extra shot. AND YOU’D BETTER MAKE IT FAST!”

Barista: “Sure thing!”

The barista hustles off to start drinks while the customer fiddles with the payment and goes to the side and sits down, huffing and rolling her eyes. Eventually, she stands up and leaves the coffee shop area, just as the barista puts the last large specialty drink on the counter. Note that the customer walks directly past her three drinks on the counter. The barista turns to me.

Barista: “And what can I get started for you?”

I order.

Me: “I hope she comes back for her drinks. They won’t be hot for long.”

Barista: “Of course not! And I’m here alone open to close, so I’ll get a kick out of remaking them!”

Me: “I am so sorry.”

The barista made my drink, and that of the lady behind me. The three “extra hot” drinks were still on the counter when I left.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!