Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Only Thing Stormier Than The Weather Is Her Attitude

, , , , | Working | October 5, 2022

I was walking around town when a sudden downpour left me with little choice but to run for cover. I ducked into the nearest public building — a library — and stood between the outer doors and the inner set that led to the library itself. The head librarian came out almost immediately.

Librarian: “We don’t allow loitering.”

Me: “I’m just waiting for the rain to pass. I’ll stay right here.”

Librarian: “If you aren’t here to use the library, you must leave!”

She grabbed me by the arm, opened the outer door, and shoved me back into the rain. I stood there until she walked away and then went back inside, going through both sets of doors. She spun around, glaring at me.

Librarian: “I said leave!”

Me: “I need a book.”

Librarian: “What book?”

Me: “This one.”

I picked a random book off the returns cart, sat down, and began reading. It was some kind of advanced mathematical book, probably the most boring thing I’ve ever tried to read, but I sat there until the librarian walked away. I took the book with me into the bathroom and used the hand dryer to partially dry myself off. When I came back out, the librarian was watching me again, so I sat back down with my book and tried to look like I was reading.

Half an hour later, the rain stopped. I put the book on the returns cart and left. The librarian glared as I walked by, but I just smiled and thanked her for the book.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!