Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Only Thing She’s Purse-ing Is Her Lips

, , , , | Friendly | August 29, 2019

(I’m out at a local bar and restaurant with my husband when a woman taps me on the shoulder.)

Woman: “Your purse is so pretty!”

Me: “Oh, thank you!”

Woman: “Where did you get it?”

Me: “I… Hmm. Well, I don’t really remember. Sorry. It’s been a few years.”

Woman: *just stares at me*

Me: *awkwardly, after a silence* “It was handmade from someone on [Online Marketplace].”

Woman: “So, can’t you look into your purchase history?”

(It’s not that this is something that would take a long time to do or anything; it’s just sort of an odd ask from a stranger. Still, I pull out my phone, go to the website, log in, and dig through my past purchases over the last few years until I find it, the woman staring at me impatiently the whole time. I finally give her the shop name and assume that’s the end of it as she bustles off. A few moments later, however, she’s back, brandishing her phone in my face.)

Woman: *accusingly* “The shop is empty and the last update was years ago.”

Me: “Oh… I guess they’re not selling anymore. Bummer.”

Woman: “So, what am I supposed to do?”

Me: *still taken aback by how confrontational she seems and trying to make light of the situation* “Well… based on where we are, I’d suggest buying a drink and trying to relax?

(She scoffed and stormed off. For the rest of the night, I caught her glaring at me from afar. What a weird reaction over what was honestly a pretty plain purse; she probably could have found something that looked pretty darn similar, and cheaper, at almost any store. Oh, well.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!